R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AME T SHOX
Thread: AME T SHOX
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 AM
Andreas_Myrberg
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fabricio
My 2 cents about it.

Packaging and quality of the parts seem very good.
Assembled my set yesterday while watching UFC156.

Didn't had any issue with parts at all, everything fitted perfectly.

My concerns are:
- Spring retainer does not fit on the lower ball joints, need to buy the large ones, it means that I am not going to use the T-Shox in my car for a month, waiting for those parts to arrive;
- The rebound springs come in a bag, I could only noticed the difference in length by putting them side by side, maybe split them in different bags.

As I said, apart from that, I am happy with what I got.

Hi Fabricio,

Thank you for the information on the shox you purchased.

For your concerns
- Spring retainers. They should fit most cars however some cars have ball joints which are slightly bigger then what I firstly used as a std when making them. Some customers use the std ones from there cars as they obviously should fit perfectly and could also add the correct colour bling

- Yes the rebound springs I made a mistake with to start with. I was sure that people would easily separate them but I was mistaking since many has written to me on this point.
The long and short should be easy to separate.
The hardness difference can be identified when counting the number of windings.
LESS windings = Harder spring
MORE windings = Softer spring

For the T-Shox Short, I have only included 2 springs.
- Std Short Hard (from the longer version)
- Extra Short Hard (new spring)

To compare the New Extra Short spring will have the same setup effect in the Short Shock as compared to the Short Hard in the longer version shock.
They obviously need to be shorter rebound springs in the shorter shock to get the same rebound effect.

/Andreas