R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AME T SHOX
Thread: AME T SHOX
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 AM
Andreas_Myrberg
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HawaiiBob
Most springs are rated in pounds (how many pounds it takes to compress a spring 1 inch) So by saying use my carpet or asphalt springs and you will be ok is not helping anyone. Its saying your not skilled enough to figure it out and buy my springs. It was and is arrogance on his part. Im not interested in getting into a long debate on springs but a simple answer of the spring rates in pounds or gfm would have probably been satisfactory. Not answering simple questions will chase prospective customers away. I was interested in these shocks however after the statements made I think I will pass.

If I can across as arrogant then I apology. Maybe If I was native English I could form my words in a better way.

I dont that drivers are stupid of course not, but I think other manufacturers do not really support there customers with correct information.
Where can you find on any spring chart from any manufacturer what springs to use for different circumstances?
At least I have never seen this and I think this could be difficult for some racers to actually know what to use.

Since I have been racing my entire life, some of the time quite successful being part of Associated, HPI, Xray development and traveling team and being an employee at LRP for 5 years, I do believe that I have a lot of experience and I only want to use my experience and try to make sure that my customers get the best possible and easy to work with products.
One of my goal with having open my own company is that when/if people test my products, is that they directly will be happy with them. Since I have seen for so many year how many drivers uses products in the wrong way or at the wrong place and seeing how frustrated they sometimes can get when they spend money on products which doesnt work the way they hoped or the way that the marketing for the products promises.

This is why I have given my springs the Carpet/Asphalt definition and soft and medium of these 2 types.

With the experience I have, and the amount of testing I have done and on top of this my extremely close work with some of the best drivers in the world at the moment, I am sure that the springs I have made also works the way I intend them to be. If this sounds arrogant I am sorry. I more hope that it would sound like great customer service instead.

Regards
/Andreas