R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:04 AM
Pattojnr
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
I was about to say... check the instructions, need to add 1mm shims there now!
well i got 2 battery packs through it this evening. first half of a pack, kit setup but with 3 hole front 4 hole rear 500cst shocks. 4 gear 600 cst rear diff.
car pushed on power and taily off power. tried to drive as smooth as possible, but came in. changed to orange front white rear springs. and changed rear toe plate to 3.5 . getting there. still a bit taily off power, and the push onpower made me run very close to the wall a few times. so front diff went in 500,000. presto. lengthened rear wheel base a little and it was certainly there.
so i start playing with Dual rate. the original 411 i ran from 76-82 dependant of track conditions. with the new car feeling planted, a bit more steering was needed. so i kept going up wiht dual rate a few laps at a time. 96 i ended with.
i could go a little harder into a corner having more steering available, but yet the rear end was still locked in. this telling me the new car has more rear grip generated with ones own setup. i didnt have my transponder on, but the car felt very predictable, consistant, and held line very well with good stable and fast direction changes. everything i was hoping for
will see tommorow how this translates with lap times, but with it being 36C tommorow, not about to be pushing things to the limit just yet, unless i feel comfortable lol. but first impressions, very nice !