R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:37 PM
wollow86
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Another, and hopefully the last update on this issue of my car.

After racing the car last night I'm confident to say that the issues have finally been solved & rectified.
My friend and I believe that a slightly tweaked/bowed lower cf deck was the cause of my problems. The problems of the noisy gear mesh, binding feeling and inconsistent handling are now all gone, and it was somewhat a great relief to know that the issues are gone along with enjoying driving the car on the track.

Again, thanks to all who offered advice, help, suggestions and even physically to look at the car. It's surprising to see that even the smallest amount of tweak can have a dramatic effect on the car.
Now I can actually focus on fine tuning the car to get some better performance & handling, I need to work on getting some more traction on the front as the rear just has so much grip!

Cheers
Rob.
Great to hear you got it sorted Rob!

My xi is pretty similar that it has quite a lot of rear grip. For a long time I couldnt get enough steering through sweepers, and had to use a front gear diff to have any hope of turning into tight corners. I solved the problem with ackerman and springs. My current setup (all be it on TRF long dampers) is HPI pink front and rear. I also found going to 5mm rear hex over the normal 4mm free'd the car up a bit for rotation. Its actually quite aggressive now, but I like it. Its not loose or undrivable, just aggressive. You can also try lengthening your rear upper links.