R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Pattojnr
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
The car went together nicely. A few issues: one of the wheel axles was little bit too large so the bearing didnīt fit. Luckily I had an extra one. The shock collars sits really loose on the shock body. Donīt know if this is a issue on the track but it could be. The dampers are really nice though, big improvement.
The drive pins now have a flat spot so you can really crank down the set screw.
The spur gear assembly had a lot of side-to-side play, never had this much on the TE. A few shims took care of it.

These issues will surely be addressed in the next batch.
i hope Serpent release a long set of these shocks. they are so much better. i can also see why Marc is having way more success with this new car. shocks, steering, arms, and overall quality is by far much better. but in saying this i have a problem with my top deck. i havent looked into it much yet, but looks like the hieght of the bearing housing for the spur gear are way higher than the support post. i tighten the top deck, and it bends like a bananna over the bearing housing. may need to grind a flat, or i may shim up the top deck for today. hope to give it a run in a few hours time.