R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 11:30 PM
TPhalen
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Not to sound like a jerk, but i see a bunch of people using aftermarket parts into the TC4 ending up with some drivetrain issues. I built mine with no aftermarket parts. Mayby try the kit as it is without aftermarket parts and see the fit and finish first, perhaps the aftermarket parts are a little off?
I AGREE TOTALLY!!!!!

Hey Speedo....try building the car WITHOUT those aftermarket aluminum diffs and spur gear adapters. Are you sure THOSE PARTS aren't out of spec?

I would suggest taking the car apart and building it with the parts included IN the kit. You may, now, have to purchase new, unmodified gear cases.

Nightbreed: You can install small motor shims on the steering to tighten it up a bit. I leave a little slop to make the car a little more forgiving to steering inputs....getting old here, and I need all the help I can get to smooth out the steering!!!

PIIHB: There are no modifications needed to fit the TC3 caster blocks on the TC4. Only difference is that the TC4 blocks are now symmetrical, unlike the TC3 blocks.

Originally posted by DOTMAN
Speedo, I had a binding problem too until I removed the bevel gear and took off all the flashing from the backside of the gear. It was not allowing the gear to seat properly
It does mention to do this step in the instruction manual.

Last edited by TPhalen; 10-26-2004 at 11:36 PM.