R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:51 AM
dark_luna
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cheba
How do you even do that? I have tried taking mine out for a spin in the snow, but I can only run a couple of minutes before snow builds up inside the chassis at the steering mechanism, preventing the steering arms from moving fully and taking away most of the steering capability. Sure the chassis is a little snowy, but I have to stop way before I get to the point as shown in your picture. Have you taken any measures to prevent this or is it just me?

Also I can't seem to get the snow out of the steering easily without taking the car inside and wait for it to melt while scraping with a tiny screwdriver. This really sucks because I bought it in November and haven't yet get to drive it more than a couple of minutes because of the snow!
Hehe I don't know. I also have some problem with snow in the steering but that's after may be 10 min, and when it happens I also have to wait for it to melt. I notice that the weather have to be cold, below 0°C otherwise snow build up in the chassis very quickly and the car gets to heavy.

Originally Posted by jjjheimer
You can try one of the new Reedy shorty packs as well to help with the weight balancing.

http://www.teamassociated.com/reedy/parts/details/602/
That looks like a nice shorty, but I ordered two Turnigy Nano-Tech 4200mah 65C Shorty for 34$ each