R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 01:13 AM
alloyslash
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
How do we keep an eye on cheating, we don't. So far though we are all having fun and that is the important part.
Thats the way it is at our track, no one worries about cheating because we are having too much fun. I generally run 1+ seconds behind the front runners. Thats not due to my motor tho because no one pulls me in the str8, its due to my driving line not being nearly as clean and smooth as their's are.

Originally Posted by thrasher05
in my opinion the rules are fine if u run a tc3 or tc4 but ive got a t3 2012 and with a ea battery i still have 143 grams to make the 1550 mark and to tell u the truth its not worth the hasle im starting to rethink the usvta thing and maybe go gt or tc and anyone who says the rules are there to help guys with older cars crap not everyone wants a late 90s car or early 2000 some want something a little nicer the weight thing is just killing me
I run a T4'13 and it took right at 102g or so to get it up to weight with my EA battery. I stacked 70g in the center under/beside the belt, 7g under the steering bellcrank, and have 21g-f/14g-r on my battery. The 35g total on the battery is what it took to get my t3'12 USGT car to balanced weight too, so it all worked out. I run an HPI '68 Camaro, HPI DT1 dual drivers figures, and goo'd nose on the car.
We'll put my body on your car friday night and see what we come up with, I actually have 2 bodies set up like that.

Originally Posted by Mera'din
There is nothing that prevents someone with a full VTA car from running here. We have a RPM limit but that is easy to adjust to, the same as adjusting to a track at a national event. Every event/track someone races at requires different setups and ours is no different.

The point of VTA at our local club is to have a friendly class that is slow and controlled. The VTA formula works at our track and we have a great time. Our track measures 25' x 55' with typical lap times around 8 seconds for the fast guys.
I can see now why you'd want to slow them down, that is a small track which usually translates into some fun racing.