R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Fluffy622
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
How small of a track are you running that the only way to keep VTA even is to restrict rpm at the wheels? What are the lap times?

I would speculate that the reason the racing is closer now is because the slower speeds have made it easier for a poorly setup car to turn closer laps times to the better setup cars.

I'm glad this formula works for your track, but my experience running VTA at many tracks has shown this isn't really necessary to have a level playing field.
That's not the case at all. I would say out of the 25 vta cars we have, 22 of them were slower than the rpm limit we are running now. I personally was running an rpm of 2004 and with this new rule i got to bump up my rpm to roughly 2540. So with our slow FDR we were running which was a 6.9 it showed the differences of the motors a lot. And now that it has changed almost every car is faster and it is a lot more equal racing and a lot more fun. I have been racing there for 2 or more years and was thinking about quitting this class just because the motor differences were so different that it made it unfair to some racers. I am very happy with the change