R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 PM
stormridersp
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Raman
Thank you very much. Will give it a read and try it out.

I realised a mistake that I made while at the track. Car camber was initially set up with short shock ends. At the track I switched to the longer shock ends for more travel, which changes the camber. When I arrived at home, I put my car back on set up station and sure enough the longer shock ends erased my rear camber of - 2,0 to 0 camber! Front was not as bad. I've decided that I'm going to keep the car with the longer shock ends and not mess with going back and forth.

How much droop are you running in front?
Iīm running 3mm droop front an rear, same as dark_luna, tho Iīm not sure if I did this adjustment right.

Iīm running 1 tamiya red damperīs o-ring inside the dampers and 1 outside to limit their travel lenght, and followed David Junīs droop measurement technique while adjusting that suspensionīs arms screws to the desired ride height. Some called this ride height adjustment, some called it droop, so Iīm not really sure.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=413

I also donīt like to change too much the dampersī ball ends. So scavanged some other tamiya kits laying around for their plastic dampers and for each set of dampers I created a different setup. So now I have my TRFs that came with the pro kit built with short ball ends and stiff for smooth on-roads, and 2 plastic dampers sets, built with the longer ball ends, one for rough parking lot and the other strickly for off-roads. This way I donīt have to mess and scratch the damperīs shaft all the time when I need to change its ball ends.