R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
JohnPrz
Tech Adept

Thanks for asking ... no updates yet. Due to some business travel, I've only been to the track once in the past month (last Saturday) and there were 2 birthday parties there that day so they were running jumps on the onroad carpet track so the kids could run their rental Slashes.

The car is all set though. I returned all settings to the manual settings except:
- red/blue springs instead of blue/white
- front spool
- rear gear diff with 1000 weight diff fluid
- diff set in high position front and back
- zero offset HPI TE37 wheels, red closed foam inserts, and HPI X-Pattern belted tires (I also got 2 of the wheels/tires with orange foams so I can experiment with different foam combinations).

Just about every part has been through the ultrasonic parts cleaner, I rebuilt the shocks and the gear diff, new bearings all around and new front belt.

I still need a new body and have trimmed a 190mm BMW E46 M3 body (HPI part # 7352) ready to be painted tonight.

In disassembling the car I noticed that the right rear suspension arm wouldn't fall of its own weight, and also that when I originally built the rear diff, I apparently forgot to add shims and the rubber rings, so the diff screws were scraping the diff eccentrics. So those could have contributed to my issues.

Unfortunately don't know if I can make it to the track this weekend and if I can't, it will likely be another couple of weeks (a lot of children's birthday parties this month), but I'm ready to go!