Thread: Xray T3 2012
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 PM
vivo quevas
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thank you for you reply
Originally Posted by Danny-b23
On power push is caused by having too much weight transfer towards the rear of the car, and is also more noticable at high speed. The first changes I usually make in this situation are to lessen my front droop (or raise my downstops),I have limited the droop to 1.5 but I believe I need some droop to smooth out the bumps go to a harder rear springHarder spring in the rear has made the tires leave the ground in the bumpyest part of the track, or for a more subtle adjustment than a spring change, just move the upper rear shock position outwards on the tower. I will try this I have the shock in the back in the 2nd inside hole

Not knowing what your setup is exactly, it's tough to say what else could be adjusted, but I wouldn't be running that front ball diff. While it might help a bit through (or at least entering) those fast sweepers, it's probably hurting your ability to get good drive off of the corner, and making you lose more time exiting hairpins and lower speed corners.I have tried a gear diff in the front with puddy and foam but they both have broken down by the mains causing the diff to feel like it has 1k's in it that is why I want to try a ball diff cranked tight! At the begining of the day the gear diff made the car drive able.
I really on the edge of retiring this car to my UGT car now I race T2 007 that works real well on low power and is almost as fast as my T3 17.5.
Our track may have one hairpin the rest of the track is combo sweepers that flow from corner to corner so if you are wide in one corner you are slow in the next. The track is all about car positioning I 'm a pretty good driver and drive the as fast as it will go on the correct line. Once again thanks for the suggestions. My friend and I are the only one's driving xray's in a sea of T6 cars we both have won races but it is when the competition makes a mistake not with speed we don;t set fast lap time of the day really have to drive with no margin for error where the competition can make mistakes in traffic and still kill us.