R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Jampot
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by maxg123456
After months of trying to get this car to drive how I want it to, I've almost got to the stage of retiring my T4. The problem I'm having is a very unresponsive steering mid corner and general lack of steering. Every other xray I've owned has very responsive steering through the whole corner, initial and mid. This T4 however is completely different.

I've tried, every spring combo, 2.7fr2.7rr.... 2.5fr-2.5rr.... 2.7fr-2.3-2.6rr.... 2.5-2.8fr-2.5-2.8rr, even harder rear springs than front lol. Bump steer shims upto 4mm, caster 6 deg, graphite arms, harder c hubs, different shock oil, gear diff oil upto 2000 and car still has similar basic feeling of numb mid corner.

Anyone else suffer this?

I've done well, getting the car in A final at EWS in the UK every time I get a chance to race there this season which is usually an open indoor track, but at my own club where its a lot more technical I struggle with setting it to feel nimble and have steering mid corner on hairpins. It's like it's a limosine. Tried even + 0.75 rear blocks and LTC-R shell which just seems to turn in and feel even worse mid corner. The only good improvements I seem to have is with the Subaru Type C body and front gear diff with 1 million oil which is still not where I want the car to be. Any further ideas would be a great help! Thanks.
Another driver from ews that tried the t4 but went back to he's 3 12 that now drives a yokomo hopefully you'll know who I mean if not pm me! had the same issue he felt the car lacked mid/exit steering he described it as unable to go around a corner in a smooth arc!
As I said above he went back to he's 12 and done very well with it now running the yokomo goes even better!
He said it felt to do with the lack of roll or weight transfer. I have felt a couple of times I really need more steering, try running the wheelbase short! It makes it feel a lot faster but my consistency and fastest lap were near identical!
Hagberg struggled at the ets, if u look at the video what little u see of he's car it looked slower in the corners!