R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Ultra GTP2e
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 AM
ducatiti
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BillyT.
Yes. Normal for unsensored. And you will most likely never have an issue with it when the car is on the ground. If you switch to a sensored motor, that will go away.

I'd leave it the way it is. IMO, unsensored is more reliable, runs cooler, and longer... It just doesn't work with every setup.

As for the slop, without even watching the rest of the video, I'm guessing it's on the upper control arms. Almost looks like there could be another shim on the hinge pin. You would need to file the upper arm to fit one in, I think.

That said, a little bit of slop is good, especially for a high speed car. You don't want the steering to be too twitchy, which is what will happen if that little amount of slop was gone.

Edit: Your servo horn is moving. That's not slop. Nothing should make the servo move except the input from the controller. Something going on there for sure. What servo is it? Is the horn tight?
Thank you for the input. I figured it out as well that the cheap solar d771 has some play. My ofna aluminum servo arm is tight and tried to use the servo arm that came with servo, there is play as well. I haven't ran my car yet. Will this cause any problems? Should I buy a savox now?