R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 06:02 AM
Brandon Melton
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: Anyone have a setup for foam tires, stock, tight, smooth, ozite carpet track?

Originally posted by Nightbreed
With the new shimm system, I'm at a loss.
My car was very good with little changes to the kit shimming. We ran 19T but still carpet like you asked.

I ran the rear end with .050 (2 tabs on shim) under the front and rear block which means you have no anti or pro squat. I tried the lowest setting by not using any shims and ended up liking the .050 better. This may have been because the track was seeing it's first race of the year, and when I was testing it was still a little green. For the front end of the car I ran the same .050 as well.

I used 50wt in the rear with #2's and 60wt in the front with #2's. For the front shock, you have to run inside on the arm for foam tires or they rub pretty bad on the shock ball cup. Location was 1 hole out from inside on tower. I'm sure that as the track works in and I try some more stuff I probably won't stay with this, but it was definatly suffice and very smooth and easy to drive. One other thing you will need to do is dremel the spindle when using foam tires, because they rub right beside where the ball stud is, you will see it, it's only a 10 sec. fix, lol.

51- you have PM.

Last edited by Brandon Melton; 10-25-2004 at 06:20 AM.