R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Ta06
Thread: Tamiya Ta06
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 PM
BadPanda818
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ript

BadPanda818 sounds like your cornering is slow, out of the box I had trouble with my steering. Until I handed it over to a very experienced clued up racer he was able to tune it up to handle really well and fast around corners.
Out of the box it had some REALLY whack camber and toe settings on the front wheels to the point where there was very little rubber even on the road.

How does your car handle around the corners? Are you over or understeering at all? Do you run a fixed pulley or diff at the front?

Remember it's really tail heavy with the motor right over the back wheels so you need to tune with that in mind. We ended up laying down the rear shock towers a couple of holes which helped heaps.
Thanks for answering. set up wise, I had it set up with a hudy board w/ 0 front toe, 1.5 toe in rear, gear diff 75k front 1k rear and -1.5 camber all around. On turns, it usually oversteers but i had it set up that way. I have my car dialed to 40/60 weight distribution thanks to my shorty lipo compared to how it was with the original chassis. I guess it's my corner speed. Weird though, i pass opponents on the infield but i loose them on the straight. So just drive faster on the infield?