R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
good, ill save myself what will likely be ten bux lol.

of course. looks like ill need a new chassis plate too.. my stock ones seem to be 2.5mm. well. if its under $250 to do a conversion ill do it, otherwise i might as well sell it for $250 and just buy the new one ha.
You can get the same steering mod by flipping the steering posts and using a 1mm spacer under the levers, just as Ed has decribed in previious posts.

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
the split blocks should suit that mod a little better.
Yes, but if you use a long ball ended wrench its still pretty easy to do the ackerman changes.

Originally Posted by valk
the v2 manual shows the swing arms with the flush side facing up, i just tried flipping them over so the stepped side is facing up instead, flush side down. i might have to adjust the servo hookup angle or shim it some, but it doesnt hit the swingarms, and lowered the rack 2-3 mm. im sure the new posts are great to have as well though.

or the ones discussed some pages back from tamiya that eliminate slop.

of course after looking over the te manual as well, yes thats the way im talking about.. wonder why the previous owner built them the otherway up..

Ever since the V2 steering rack came out, there have been multiple experiments of the "up or down" steering levers. so it probably was just whatever they decided to try to run with.

Eds/Tryhards mod is well worth the 2 X 1mm spacers to lower the rack, the steering is very nice after this is done.