R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Kropy
Paul - You are my everything...............And good luck at the Birds!!!!
LOL, thanks Kropy!

Originally Posted by samnelso
Paul, I've been toying with mod TC over the last few days and find it quite a challenge and large step up from 17.5, and even 13.5. It's shockingly fast and I have a renewed respect for those of you on the pro level that manage to run their mod cars fast and consistent on a regular basis.

Over the last few days I was finally able to best my 17.5 hot lap time, but am still a ways away from my 13.5 times (~8.2s/lap). My question is: when did you start running mod relative to stock? Did you leap into it or was it a progression? I find that my driving skill is generally on an upward trajectory, but it is not a constant slope, as there are seemingly large spans of no growth followed by short bursts. I am wondering if this is a common phenomenon. Do you have a public racing resume or driver's profile available somewhere? If so, I'd like to check it out.

thx, Sam
Hi Sam. When i started running TC i jumped right in to mod, but mod back then was a 14turn brushed motor (maybe same speed as 17.5 blinky now), so over the years i have just adapted to the higher and higher speeds of mod without any real notice. Its good that you can now go faster than with 17.5 though, Its harder than people think to go any faster at all. Threw out my racing my ability has definitely been a more instant progression followed by a plain for a while. if you practice all the time you will likely wake up one day and just be faster and you will have no idea how or why.

Nobody really keeps records of drivers, would be kinda cool though.

Thanks! Paul