R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:05 PM
JFuel11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Great Starting Point

Originally Posted by TonyD.
The Track size we run is 66x40. This is my1st on road car. So I'm still learning. I would like to go to the Roar Nat's in march. I will be running The Hobby Wing Justock esc and a trinity monster 17.5 locked motor, esc has 0 timing. Just stock.
Tony,

I would suggest this for a great general starting point with being new to the on-road Scene.

1. Start with Kit Setup or with the following for chassis setup:
http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...stock_2012.pdf

However the above setup works really well with stock springs all around with Number 2 pistons and stand shocks up 2 more holes on tower all the way around from setupsheet.

2. The monster lock motor will be great for getting started and for the track size and motor combo I would suggest starting at 96/46 gearing. Most likely once you get the car settled in and are able to run consistent laps your motor temps should be in the 130s to 140s. So then you will be able to gear up for a little more speed with a 47 or 48 tooth pinion, but keep eye on temps.

The only real challenge I see you having at some point is once you have everything going well the Monster lock 17.5 (GREAT Motor, basically a D3 with locked endbell) you will not have the ability to turn the motor time up to pick up some more straight away speed. So when you are ready you may want to upgrade to a motor with adjustable timing once you have everything else sorted out.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Alan