R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 05:14 AM
5tylez
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bill K
Hi guys,

My name is Bill and recently I purchased my BD-7 from my local Hobby store.

After reading most of this .. large thread I have taken many valuable screenshots of tips and tricks you have been posting throughout the forum; but I'm here now to ask for a general overview of what should and shouldnt be done in order to have a car that is good through the corners and agressive down the straight.

Being that my first car was a Hyper 10 - I've learnt to race aggressivly all my life. now racing the Sakura S Zero down at the track every fortnight, and starting to win races I thought I'd go and buy myself an upgrade.

After reading this forum I learned that this car is not for the aggressive driver; which is a good thing and a bad thing. This is good because it can eventually teach me a smoother driving style, conserving more battery for my races and performing better overall.

I know how to setup my car and I know how to drive, but being a totally different car to what im used to I thought id come here and ask for some advice.

I have already put my car together with no difficulties ready to run on my indoor Bitcherman track; with the book setup and a 5.5 turn motor. I WILLNOT be using this motor for long at all as this is rediculacly crazy on this car. I am waiting on an online order with a new server + 13.5 motor. I am running sorex 28R tires with the soft (pink) Inserts, which usually works well on this track.

I will be running this car for the first time on Tuesday and hopfully everything goes well. I am posting this now so if there is anything important that I should know - I can make changes beforehand

Thankyou all in advance
Bill
It depends on your setup and traction conditions.
Ive had my car react both ways depending on traction. We too use sorex 28s at our track.

if your track has medium to high bit, you can easily have the BD7 drive aggressively without being twitchy. if the bit is low, the BD7 will Flow around the corners more.

Another tip to make the BD7 more aggressive:
BD7 has a lot of inherit body roll compared to others like the s411, T4 etc, so make sure you run light weight body, especially if you are running a Speed 6. if you run Reg weight, make sure the body is slammed, well slammed enough so your front tires clear the wheel well when turning. A taller body definitely makes the BD7 look and feel lazy around corners.

Last edited by 5tylez; 01-17-2013 at 05:29 AM.