R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion
Old 01-14-2013, 01:21 PM
SquirrelCZE
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NDZ
I would go for the Asso 12R5.1 dampers if you insist on a 3 damper setup. You could also go for the tube and spring setup like is used on pan cars nowadays.
Yep, I've got the tube + spring setup on my F104 ver. II ...
but I found it harder to construct ... which is main reason I doesn't like it

and my feeling (it's feeling, so it doesn't have to be true! :-) ) is that three dumpers is better choice for "unlimited" category which I aim to
(in our local race, I race in category where are no limit for a car in terms of power...) than tube + spring, but I can be wrong in this one :-)

about the dampers I've found that it's better to pick some which I can get easily (totally forgot that when I wrote the previous post), so I will stick with what rcmart/local reseller can give me, but thanks for the recommendation.

I've a few last questions

A. why on some cars they extend the length of the "middle" oil damper? (found that on photos from germany races)
B. if I want to choose dampers for the "side" dampers on three-dampers setup, what is better? to pick the longest or the shortest?
C. which type of oil dumper is better? I found that there are many types :-/

so far, I am thinking about buying some set of 4x50mm dampers, where I can get "spare parts" really fast, one pair for front axle, one pair for rear axle (I already got good rear middle damper).

thanks for your opinions :-)

EDIT: I didn't saw the post about 3racing f113, looks pretty nice, thanks! :-)

Last edited by SquirrelCZE; 01-14-2013 at 01:33 PM.