R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - O.S. SPEED Tuned 21XZ-R
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:17 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Some info and a question:
So i ordered a new XZ-r about a month ago and had a REAL tough time getting it to break in, burned up a box and it kept leaking out of the head gasket??? SO i set it aside and purchased a Kangaroo (i needed a back up anyway) . Well since I am trying to make the Pan Am nats next week i didnt want to bother messing with warranty and all of that hoopla. So i purchased a new piston and liner. Came in yesterday and it was not the same as the original. The new one had the chrome plating all the way into the port and was masked off for a perfect finish while the old one seemed like it had overspray of the plating into the port.. Also the bore finish was different, the original looked like a honed finish while the new one looks polished. Well this one is breaking in perfect and runs beautiful so far! just wanted to relay that information. I dont know what happened to the original one but it definitely had some dimensional issues.

Now for the question, I am headed to Homestead raceway next week and the straight is over 300' long!! from what i hear it is a engine killer what are some suggestions to help keep me from granading my engine? shims, fuel, gearing etc etc? Thanx in advance BTW i run VP 25%