R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Version 2
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Mr.juarez
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edhchoe
It will be a few months before you can buy them. So enjoy your new car! If it is worthy I will add it to my stable.
I thought I was bad at hoarding cars but you got 3 f1's? now I wont feel so bad but if its worth it ill add it as well as a shelf queen. I hope it comes painted though...

Originally Posted by RCformula1
Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions. It's always a challenge to remotely diagnose these sort of problems.

You should not be getting issues when accelerating using a silver can. It just doesn't have the power.

Edit: Just re-read your post and I mis-read the tyres you are using so have changed my initial response

We have seen problems mixing Ride on the rear and Pit Shimitzu on the front. The only Ride tyres we have tested which work with PS fronts are the Ride R1's which are very good with PS 571 soft fronts. You say you're running Ride R1's on the rear? Which Pit Shimitzu tyres are you running on the front?

I have the ps 571-572. So 571 fronts and also have the soft rears and rides soft rears.

The other thing to check is that the grub screws holding the carbon axle are holding the axle firmly and not slipping. We stopped using carbon axles for this reason. We use the stock steel axle. However, it doesn't sound like this is the issue.

Screw is good as I just put it back together and remove 2 axles shims like some one said to do a few pages back

The starting point in any setup is the right tyres.

Check out our Tyre guide.

What is the track temp?

60*f

Does handling change after you've done some warm up laps? What's the approximate air temp?

Not really

Are you running on carpet or asphalt?

Asphalt, very rough track with no traction sprayed juat blown off and cleaned up.

Are you using any traction compound? If so, how are you applying it?

Yes im using paragron letting it sit for 30 mins on all tire patch, but i just bought a set of muchmore tire warmer a so hopefully that helps

What tyres are the fast guys at your track running?

Im the first guy with an f1 out there, just trying to get the class going and interest. But there will be 4 more in the next 2 weeks!!!! so im kind of on my own trial and error.

Edit: The RSector High Traction System shouldn't be causing any issues, in fact the extra weight should assist with smooth acceleration. You can see our review of it here.

OH CRAP!! Ill see if my tire are rubbing inside according to the article.

Do you have any issues with tracking in a straight line when you are not accelerating or braking? Is anything bent at the front (eg; plastic arms or sometimes the plastic pieces under the alloy camber piece can shift so that when looking at the front of the car one side of the front is higher than the other)

Yes tracks straight until wot

Compress the front suspension one side at a time. Do the king pins move up and down freely and return to their starting position by themselves?

Its free. Last week I was asking why it was so bouncy and after looking closely I had put the hard front springs. I read the entire tamiya article and I changed things according to what they said on a low bite bumpy track. So I go out with soft front springs only to pull out after a few laps.... so bumpy and cracked front end was dumping and catching some of the cracks and dragged body, but I put medium springs and its good now. Ill download a different pdf setup for similar track like mine.

Are you running toe in on the front? (recommend toe out instead)

I have 2* of toe out.

If you accelerate gently and steadily does the issue still occur? It should take approximately 1 second to reach full throttle.

Does the ESC have a throttle profile setting? If so choose the middle one. Aggressive throttle profiles with silver cans don't help these sort of problems but shouldn't be causing it on it's own.
No esc is locked cant change anything other than pulling it out and straight to trash can. Ill be borrowing a havoc tonight though

Thanks for replying!