R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:26 AM
aloksatoor
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickpuppy1
If there is no oil leaking out the gasket, then it is going out the outdrives. Interesting..... This is leading me back to the shim behind the sun gears. The pressure of the sungear against the oring is what forms the seal. If there is too much play or room between the sun and planetary gears, two things can happen. 1) the oil leaks 2) the gears will strip. This is going back to the shimming of the sungears to improve mesh and keep them from stripping/leaking. Think very seriously about the .1mm shim in that rear diff.....I'm just sayin.....
Hmm I agree on principle, but if a new builder filled up oil AND shimmed it, only way to get oil out is to explode so I did not shim her up. Mine is holding fine still, I think the only solution is to see if the slipper can be moved by hand, mine started doing it at the 7mm mark so manual settings be damned I am keeping it at 7 until the springs weaker or the pads glazed. right now can clear jumps pretty well with that setting so I am happy with it there.