R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Pulse_
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chris moore
The reason production stoped was that there was little to no demand. Like it or not mainstream 1/12th has gone away from t-bar and link cars are all you will see going forward. The reality is that there is not a big enough and long term market for saddle lipos, yes thay would sell a few right away again but then the product would just sit and stale in inventory. I am all for t-bar cars as I really love the feel of a t-bar car much more than todays link cars, but that is just not the way todays market is. Imo racers have moved on to link cars and are not likely to move back, as another posted link cars can be found used for $100ish in the used market so there is little reason to buy a t-bar car anymore. Most t-bar cars are bought by afew newbies, or someone that just wants to "try" 1/12th. I would bet that in most cases these racers will run the car afew times and then shelve the car or try and resell.

You will notice in my sig line that I am sponsered by Speedzone, great company with quality products. And I have a couple of the original 1s saddle packs, thay work very well the only draw back was the deans connector, needed to have bullit connectors imo. I run my S120(same car as in the pic you linked from redRC) every now and again but like most of the 1/12th world I've moved on. I talked with Gavin back when he was deciding to first try and release these, my advice was that the window of opportunity for sales was small and closing rapidly then, its even smaller now. For all those that have older cars I hope that Gavin can find a way to fill the need again.
I see your point but there will always be a demand for these batteries. In the end it will depend on how many batteries have to be sold to make enough profit from it but if this number doesn't need to be crazy high I don't really see the risk. As I said to Gavin every single driver still having a Nimh pan car could be a potential buyer, considering there is no concurrence. It would allow drivers with less money to run the category too, which is always a good thing. A link car can be found for 100$, a t-bar can be found for three times less. It can make the difference.