R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Keven H
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jsamarin
Hey Kevin, are you coming to speedweekend in vic this January?
Hi, unfortunately I will not be able to make it this year. I was hoping so but I am trying to attend one of the wics series race this season or early next season, looks like you guys have a good group going and a great series.

Originally Posted by corallyman
Keven,

I have two touring car mod questions for you, if you don't mind

On the front lower A arm mounts, if the hinge pin had been flat before but you wanted to add some anti-dive by going to a mount that would raise the rear mounting point of the front arm, to the next higher mount....In your thinking did the roll center stay the same as before if no other changes were made?

Second question, also Mod TC. On a high bite carpet track as the traction increases, what would you do to help prevent the car from diving down in the front at the end of a long straight? The rear tire might be lifting. Do you have some suggestions.

Thanks Keven,
Steve
Hi Steve,

adding anti-dive by raising the rear block will raise the roll center by half a step, you can think of it by the height of the center of the hinge pin if that makes sens !

for your second question, there are numerous things you can do to keep the car from rolling over the front, one of the first think usualy when the car gets hard to drive, I like to go to a thicker front shock oil but that is with the setup I ran. adding shim to the inner front link will generaly help, reducing caster will help as well, you can also just take some rear droop out and that will help the car from not diving to the nose and be hard to drive mid corner. these are the things I generaly play with.

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Was there any method that led you to decide on 3.5mmish between bumper and body also do you put foam or anything between the bumper and body or just let it be? Thank you!
To be honest, I have not played much with that in a long time and have had my body like that for the last 2 years or so on carpet. I have had it a little forward like that for a long time but I dont think 1mm off of that makes much difference. when mounting a new body, I try to make it as close as the previous one for consistency but usualy end up about 1mm off of that anyway so I try not to take that too much into concideration. I Like to use foam so the body does not move around because otherwise you have to cut so much of the lip for it to not drag.