R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 AM
snoopyrc
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's a question that will answer itself as you discover how the class developed, but let me prep you by saying that there was an abundance of slightly outdated touring cars out there sitting on the shelves of racers everywhere. They were all 4wd. Or more than 99% were. Then HPI comes out with a line of wheels/tires and bodies that are made to go together. A few clubs in differrent places wanted to try something different and all the parts were there. So RC sports car racing began to evolve at different places including some series that were setup to look like the early days of TransAm racing. There is a lot more to how it came to it's current format, but unless you enjoy reading through page after page of repeating mind numbing bickering I would suggest that you simply enjoy the class as it is today and don't look back.
I don't mean that to sound sharp, but there is a lot of material on here that would discourage a new VTA racer and that's a shame because this is the best class of onroad there is. Just my opinion. I think there is some history on the official usvta website that would be more condensed and also void of much useless chatter.