R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:48 AM
RC10Nick
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Czechexican
Wow. 27.5 in the rear? Any weight in the front or rear? Does the rear end roll?
I have been trying to take the roll out of the rear. It rolls then spins. Ive been trying to calm it down. Does the hevy weight oil up front help. I have 40 up front with the light brown springs and 1.3 4 hole pistons and I have 21 grams up front and I cant get it down to ride height. I to have been using this set up with some tweeks. I been trying to get high roll center in the rear. My links are all the way out and shocks lay down all the way. Tried putting 4 mm under the inner ball studs too.
I had the same experience the one time I raced on carpet. The car would roll in the corner then spin out completely. I was so confused because I thought I had gobs of traction running gold barcodes on carpet. I went so far as to get rid of almost all the droop I could, and still had the problem. It wasn't until the track owner walked up to me with a can of Gojo and told me to try it on my rears that I figured out what was wrong. As much traction as I thought I had, it wasn't enough! That Gojo turned those barcodes into a mushy circle shaped pile of traction! No more spinning out after that! In fact, my biggest problem was traction rolling (which is not a bad problem to have). Moral of the story? Maybe you don't have as much grip as you think, even if its more than you're used to on dirt.

I want to make it back to that carpet track some time, only with mini pins and cut staggers instead of the dirt setup I usually run.