R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LET's Go Racing! Myrtle Beach, SC
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 10:07 AM
hrdrvr
Tech Initiate

It's been a while since I updated this thread. The PL racing never seemed to really take off, and mostly that is my fault. I never had any one step up and take the reigns on running the show outside, and I couldn't get the mall to commit to some space to leave a track set up, so the logistics of outdoor racing just isn't in the cards for us right now. What I have been pursuing is a bigger space within the mall to locate an indoor carpet track. There is one available, but the mall and I can not come to agreement on pricing. This may change if the mall has trouble renting that space out, and if my current venture takes off!

So onto the current venture and the reason for the update!.......I am rearranging the store, and we will be putting a carpet track in our current location! We will be experimenting with different classes, and have a lot of people looking forward to getting into some good indoor on-road fun! We already have a group with TC so if the lane width works for those, that will likely be our first class! It might be a little tight, but should be just right for 1/12 scale pan, and big and open for 1/16-18 off-road. I already have a few jumps we can throw out for the off-road cars, and can make a lot more if that's what I get interest in.

I already have about 6-8 people who are willing to buy into 1/12 pan, and a few more looking at getting into F1 racing. Those two classes will probably be the first to follow the 17.5/2 cell TC class.

Stay tuned for pics of the new set up! The carpet is ordered, and I should take delivery of it by the end of the week. I'll probably wait until after new years to tear down the MiniZ track, but construction of the sub-floor should begin right after that.