R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3racing F109
Thread: 3racing F109
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:27 PM
ShadowAu
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WhiteLX
I'll either have to find some standoffs from another vehicle that will fit, or I will have to order some from McMaster-Carr. Not a big deal, but I was hoping form some nicer shaped anodized versions, not the industrial hex standoffs like I would get from McMaster.

On another note, I am going to be buying my first LiPo batteries. I'll be running a silver can for a bit, but eventually switching to 21.5 BL. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for as far as MAH and C rating? More important, shorty 2S or full size 2S pack?
Personally I wouldn't bother unless you really need that bling factor as the car doesn't lack performance with the standard ones... I am keeping pace with the various f104's (after market chassis and original) that I race against.

Personally I use the IP 4400 shorty packs in mine as it gives me another tuning option but you can use either long or short... for silver can or 21.5 you can get away with using slightly lower number packs. Even running 17.5 I can get good results using a 3200/20C but bigger is always better in this game... but as already mentioned make sure you have a charger than can charge lipo's... and make sure you have a lipo sack...