R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 01:10 PM
OleC
Tech Addict

I spent all day at my local indoor track. WHAT A FANTASTIC CAR!!

My personal best laptime at this track was 17.003 before today, but that was smashed on the first battery pack... I had a lot of 16 second laps and ended up with 16.553 as my personal best.

Me and a friend have been using worn out AKA tires in soft compound, because we have just been competing between ourselves and like the way they feel, more like racing outside on dirt, without the insane grip from minipins on carpet.

But I could not resist it and mounted on a set of Schumacher minipin yellow compound. Had to cut three rows of the front tires to not traction rolling every second corner. And suddenly I was in the 15 second zone

The fastest lap recorded on this track this season was 15.8, and I ended up with a quickest lap of the day of 15.851

One of our big talent young guns was at the track today also, and he tried my car. On the third lap he broke the old track record, and within the 5-6 minutes he drove the car he sat a new track record of 15.4!! He didnt manage something even close with his own car afterwards....

This is beyond all my expectations