R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Odin544
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonesy112
but where you do, as a rule maker and tech enforcer draw that line? How do you define it?

And yes, finger nail polish remover does remove super glue, but it contains toluene, which is a mild paint thinner, which will soften then tire. Cant use it, it alters the tire.

Guess we just tell them you are screwed out of a set of tires, throw them away and go spend more money and try again?

And you two didnt answer my last question in my post.

In case you havent figured it out, Im being an annoying A$$ on purpose to illustrate a point that you cant define every scenario. RobK and Myron will just have to give an official ruling on the sidewall wont they?
If you used the fingernail polish remover to soak your tires in yes it would soften them. Using it to wipe something off your tires is not softening them. Common sense

We do use traction compound yes. But we don't soak our tires in it before we even mount them. It's used 5-6 minutes prior to running. Again, common sense.

You trying to be an "annoying a$$" doesn't bother me at all. This is simply an online discussion. We don't have to agree. I dont get upset because of something I read online. Ultimately each track will/does do what they feel is best for them.