R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Granpa
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Grandpa-san,
A week ago yesterday you seemed a little distracted, at least until I told you how friggin' good your friggin' car handled! Was it birthday "blues"? I know all the boys at Tamiya join me in wishing you the absolute best on your birthday!
Next Saturday is the Xmas party at my friend Jack's shop, the best 356 Porsche get-together all year! So see you in a few weeks.
Craig
Wasn't the birthday blues at all. I was just thinkin'. Went a little out of the box on the set up I had you try. Yah, I did perk up a bit cause I was getting a little frustrated, till the last combo I tried.

For those who don't know, the Laguna Bozo or Craig Richter, is one of the best test drivers around. He's a very consistent and sensitive driver. I like to have him test the car when I think I'm on to something, both for feedback and so I can closely watch what the car is doing. I'm not nearly the driver he is so appreciate his help.

This leads me to the tip of the day. Have one of the good drivers try your car and get their evaluation. The problem may not be your driving. There are a number of drivers I consistently beat who are much better drivers than I am. People are often too quick to blame their driving.