R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:52 PM
gsxr0311
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
This was the chassis that finished second at last years carpet nats (McKune variety). Very good driver mind you and almost pulled off the win.

My feelings, don't add the IFS. Only add the Exo lower front arm braces. Skip the adjustable upper arms. Gear it right, not gear the piss out of it. Make sure it rolls free and doesn't bind at all. It does have more infield speed and corners better than an F104. At 7 minutes you will be running as fast as lap 1 with a minute to go. The F104 has been known to start to lose front traction and fall off the longer the race goes.

And finally, practice.
i hear you, but i havent ran it on carpet only an asphalt prepared track. i cant get anywhere close to my f104 times. im talking .5 sec slower and i have been racing f1 for 3 or so years now. my track has a lot of tight 180 corners and thats probably why its slower. im not saying it cant be faster than a 104 but it definately needs a lot of work to get there. i built my exotek f104v1 and threw it on the track and i get at least top 3 finish. i build this car and only manage fith or below. idk, maybe im missing something in the setup. if anybody would like to offer advice im open.