R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 AM
madjack
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
I've a question for those that have built and run this kit.

I'm looking to add a second class to TCS this year, and 1/12 could make sense, with my primary class being F1.

I see in the 1/12 TCS rules, they allow any wheel, any foam. (read non Tamiya) I'm really not interested in retrofitting non Tamiya tires and wheels. I was somewhat disappointed that the didn't make everyone run all Tamiya stuff. Run the car as designed, with the wheels and tires designed for this chassis.

So....

How much hurt am I going to be in if I run this chassis with some reasonable hop-ups, but with Tamiya tires and wheels - keep the geometry as design intended. I ran 1/12 exclusively a few years back - always been my favorite class, but the tires just got nutty. One run and pitch them kind of turned me off.

This looks like an awesome car, I would love to own it and race it, I'd just like to run it as designed. I know some agree in allowing any tire / wheel. Don't care to get in that argument with anyone, it's just not where I want to go. If I'm going to play the tires game again, I'll get a truer and a CRC chassis for that.
The TCS America rules have been amended for 2013 and now allow only Tamiya tires and wheels. That said the car works well, as proven by a local racer (D Berger) that I believe drove a box stock RM01 to a class win at the Tamiya America track last year?