R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 AM
IndyHobbies.com
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
I have a local new car dealer who would like For us To put on a USVTA event at their dealership
We did exactly that two years in a row at Bill Estes Ford here in Brownsburg, Indiana Pete! I belong to the Brownsburg Chamber of Commerce and I organized the event four years in a row. The second year, 2008, we did indoor rock crawling as a spectator event. The last two years, we did parking lot racing! It was called the "Motorsports Celebration" and because Brownsburg is home of the NHRA US Nationals and a lot of their teams, it was also focused on drag racing. We are close to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway too. This town is nuts about racing. We also had an auction with motorsports memorabilia a Car Show and an ADULT Pinewood Derby Car race. That too was a hoot! Pinewood Derby and beer. What a combination!

The RC races really got a great response. People grabbed some BBQ and a cold one and watched every one. We had our local Hobbytown guru, Bob C, come with their track and timing system. It was fun. We ran for about two hours and then joined the party.

One of the constant questions you will get is, "can I drive one?" so be prepared for that either with a car people can try, or an explaination about how fragile they are.

Picture below shows sliders, but we also ran VTA.

Here's a link to the website with lots of photos: www.BrownsburgRacing.com

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MotorsportsCelebration2010 018R.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1003385   Click image for larger version

Name:	MotorsportsCelebration2010 013R.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1003386   Click image for larger version

Name:	MotorsportsCelebration2010 039R.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1003387   Click image for larger version

Name:	FlyerMotorsportsPhoto2010.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1003389   Click image for larger version

Name:	MustangR.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1003394  

Last edited by IndyHobbies.com; 12-11-2012 at 11:03 AM.