View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:33 PM  
GP40X
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
So all the other classes at the track charge to 8.5v as well? Sigh.....

As it has been pointed out, #1 the track owner's decision is final, so if it's 8.4v, 8.44v, 8.2v, whatever the rule is that should be followed for safety's sake. Also, if you're overcharging, you ARE an idiot.

I suppose that the rule was never added since pretty much anywhere you go or any class you race, it's 4.2v per cell or 8.4v for a 2 cell lipo.

So until i get a chance to change the rules, don't go past 8.4v. Also, no model rocket engines strapped to the body for "holeshots" at the beginning of a race, and I am also outlawing the Ben Hur chariot wheel blades as well.
But Rob, I NEED my Ben Hur chariot wheel blades to take Sharpie out after he HACKS me.

On a more serious note, at the 2012 Carpet Nats they were measuring batteries before every heat with a DVOM and allowing 8.44 due to variances in chargers. My Orion Clubman Lipo charger charges one of my batteries to 8.42 and the outer to 8.44 according to my Sky balancer but the charger screen shows it charged to 8.401. Checking them with a Fluke DVOM Shows 8.40 & 8.42. Go figure.
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote