R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny-RC
Has anyone been able to successfully downgrade to the older firmwares on their V2.1 and older Xeruns after upgrading to the firmware's in the V3.1 software?

I'm trying to get back to the V2_508 no timing firmware or even the V1_508 no timing. I currently have the V3_508 flashed to my Xtreme stock and for the life of me cant get back to the old firmware.

I want to do this because I remember the brakes in the older 508 firmware being much better.

I have uninstalled the V3.1 software and installed the V1.64 software and when trying to flash the esc with older 508 firmware its simply not there. All tha'ts available for me to downgrade to other then the current V3_508 is the V1_508_rev which is the reverse motor direction firmware.

I assumed maybe since the LCD box had the V1.08XXXX firmware on it from the V3.1 software I maybe needed to downgrade the LCD before being able to downgrade the esc. But when attempting to downgrade the LCD box from anything other then the v1.08XXXX firmware with the v1.64 software I get an error message from the software that this cant be done.

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks.
I currently have 2 lcd boxes in use, because of this (I help quite a lot of people at the track with the HW ESC's).
If once upgraded the box to V1.08, you can't go back I believe.

If you have another box with V1.07 on it, you can still go anyway you want.

I don't know the older available ESC firmwares in V3.1 software, but the following steps should work I think:

With 3.1 software, and V1.08 box, flash the ESC to 930STOCK (or any firmware you know also exists in V1.64), then with 1.64 software and v1.07 box, flash the ESC to V2_508 no timing.

Note:
You can have both V3.1 and V1.64 (there are a few) and V1.63, 1.62, next to eachother on your PC, just unpack them in different folders!

Originally Posted by ta04evah
+1

Hopefully I don't have to go out and buy another lcd box and bin the one I have.

Cheers
Rob.
Why bin it?
And also buying a 2nd box should not be a real problem, because they are not that expensive (Checked the box from Orion? )