R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 04:11 PM
miket3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Hexonox;11522751]
Originally Posted by thrasher05
on the serious though when tracks start changeing the rules of usvta to suit there needs when people travel to race all it ever does is stir up crap i think the rules need to be followed to the t or whats the point of haveing a spec class

Finally someone gets the point I've been trying to make!!!!!
I can tell you from my experience it's very difficult to get a track back to USVTA rules after they wander away from the orig. rules. The excuse i like the best is well "to be USVTA LEGAL" i would have to buy all the proper stuff, ( as i'm standing there looking inside a AE 6.1 tekin,phantom 25.5 and 6900mah 100C lipo)and front tires so bald their slicks... HAHA

I have went another route now. My car as always has been USVTA LEGAL, so i put stickers on it and run it. Any of them that beat me...know mine is legal.Funny thing though, 5 more guys have put theirs back to legal(except driver) and have USVTA stickers on theirs too.

On the motor timing i did some testing last night at practice.Our track is small 60x30. I geared the car 3.62 FDR with one small fan. I ran the car with the timing bell at 15 timing (worried about heat) for 8min. 130 deg after done. Then cranked it to 40 timing and ran 8 min. same 130 deg ? checked with 2 temp guns. Now the car ran almost the same lap times but the 40 timing felt like it had more power.

Mike