R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Sean B.
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
You've contradicted yourself a bit there.
Anything you make different on each side will change the dynamics side to side. If that's the only way you can make things even, there is another problem that needs solving first.

You don't want different length roll bar links, you want everything exactly the same on both sides.
If you change where the 'ball end' is on the roll bar you are changing the tension on each side, again, preventing it from being the same on each side.

People need to do what others have suggested by checking that the bar is flat on a flat surface, and if not, bending it back to flat so it will be nice and even each side.
I guess I'm at a loss then. I spent some time last night going through everything making sure nothing is tweaked.
Went through the whole process of trying to set up the rear sway bar again, making sure the bar was flat, again. Arms and everything move very freely. Still was quite a bit off. I had to have the right side link 1.5 turns longer than the left in order to get equal lift.
Why would the links be adjustable if they are supposed to be the same? Wouldn't you want a solid link then?
Personally, I think it's the bar. It does not flex evenly or something