R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Aaron Waldron
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Aaron Waldron
Tech Elite

mafia - I'm not sure there is a blanket statement that can cover that..haha. Have you asked Dirt on Techtalk?

I have a job to do..and part of that is not releasing information until they tell me to.

Casper - While that may be a bummer (I'm not sure if the final production axles allow you to use the old rims or not) it will be nice not having to worry about buying enough front and rear rims separately. You just have to buy "rims" period, and one set of inserts is all you'll need.

Gaut - The front arms and hubs are different, the rear arms, hubs, and dogbones are different, and there are a few changes here and there all over the truck.

I haven't totaled up the amount of $$ it will take to convert an old truck, but I assume it'll be like the BK and MFE (nearly $100 to convert to Ver. II).

Rysuleod - A one-way diff takes away front brakes..which is why people often blame their one-way for running into people.

One-ways take away the diffing action of the front tires, causing them to lock up on acceleration and give the car more on-power steering. A differential doesn't allow the inside and outside tires to turn different directions, but at different speeds. A one-way makes them turn at the same rate.