R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Rufus2010
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
havent tried a 108...but 104,100, and I currently use 96 all Kimb,...not sure whats not fitting
My post was a little unclear. My chassis is XRay and that is why the Kinbrough spur gear won't fit. It is just a touch too thick. I am going to give it to my friend who I talked into trying the hobby. He got a good deal on a used TC6 and is collecting what he needs to race. An 88 tooth 64p spur gfewear came with the car, but I don't think it will work for the final drive ratios we need in VTA because of fitment/clearance issues with the chassis and/or motor mount. Am I right on this?

Maybe the 108 spur I was going to give him won't fit either (too large, too much space between the transmission layshaft and the motor shaft to fit in the chassis), because the pinions needed for the right fdr are too large?

I don't have access to his car today, otherwise I would just mount things up and check.

I have this collection of large pinions (54 through 58) I don't use right now and I would just as soon let him use them as keep his entry cost to the hobby lower, but if the won't work, it's not the end of the world.

Last edited by Rufus2010; 12-02-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: more info