R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Mr.juarez
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossb
I've been using my 3PM FM with numerous Nitro and Electric vehicles for over 8 years and don't recall having issues with glitching. I seem to be the only person left at my local tracks that does not run spread spectrum, so I don't have issues with FM conflicts anymore.

I just want to try something new and everyone keeps telling me that a good spread spectrum will be "much better" than what I am running. I do not know if that is true. I also look a little strange being the only person on the stand with a big antenna. I have not been considering the new 3PM MX FASST because I want to try a new form factor.
Stay away from spektrum in my opinion. Spektrum, savox and castle esc are like freakin oil and water. Have seen many futabas not glitch at all with savox servos but the spektrum is another story. Have had cars glitch even with bec, my tc6 has 3 caps just to make it driveable.

Originally Posted by BAD007SUZUKI
OK. Racing is over tonight. The car was WAY better. I cant for sure pinpoint the "skipping" issue. It is however 99.348% better. My thought on the issue was that the car was rolling and or flexing so much that with the r9 body, the inside rear tire on the corner was lifting allowing the car to "diff out" . Or in other words, when the rear tire lifted, the diff would spin the one tire the opposite direction and thus creating the effect I experienced. Follow me? Initially tonight the car had a very minor case of my initial problem. By going from 5mm rear droop to 4mm rear droop, I had no major problems anymore. Or so it seemed.

I ended up with the following setup. It was stock to begin with. (mostly)

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...stock_2012.pdf

only changes:
droop 6 fr, 4 r
white rear roll bar
stock 40Wt shock oil in all 4
asc blue front spring. stock silver rear springs (his is reverse of this)
25% rebound in shocks
stock piston config and bladders per manual
2k diff oil. with all 4 sat gears
1MM shim under ball studs inside all 4 camber links.
NO outer front ball stud shims.

Other than those changes mentioned above I copied this setup line for line. body, tires and all. Minus electrics.

Next week Im going to try the one Mike sent me from Rapid Competition.
This setup I ended up with left me with little to no chassis roll. The car felt VERY planted. It was lightning fast in the corners and I had EXACTLY the right amount of traction at corner entry though exit. It didnt matter if I was on throttle or off, in the corner. The car was stuck. I could put it anywhere on the track and be ok.

Qualified third and ended up second. There was 5 of us. One guy went home early. 4 started the round and finished so it was a easy open track for me to feel the setup working.

THANKS TO ALL WHO ASSISTED AND GAVE INPUT!

In reference to the servo question above. I run savox in every one of my r/c's. Depending on the servo, it may be wise to run a capacitor in to the receiver. I bought the premade Associated capacitor and crimped a plug on it to fit into a open receiver slot. Some servos under certain load will drain the system causing a "glitch" persay or even the transponder to not read. We have had this happen more than once at out track. Capacitors on the receiver and on the esc are never a bad idea in my opinion. Any 16v capacitor will work. The higher the "Uf" rating the more storage capacity it has. I run a total of 1500Uf between my esc and my receiver. the bigger the cap on the esc, the more punch it will give out of a corner. We have found that beyond 1200Uf on the esc is useless and no more than 900 on the receiver.

I know a guy with a new worlds that chatters with no body on the table only when he turns the wheels. That thing almost sounds as if its shaft driven that noisy.

I had the same issue of the back washing out, but I run in a bumpy track outdoors. Removed the sway bars and put 5-6mm droop and now im chirping tire in and out of the turns from how much more its hooking. I recently tried another body thats not as firm on the sides and had all kinds of weird noises from it. The front of the body right behind the front wheels would tuck in when turning making me think the belts belts were skipping. I have the body posts as low as possible so make sure when you bottom out they dont rub on the inside as mine did.