R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj
"#2 Somehow, my solution is, using another radio system like a Futaba, Sanwa JR or whatever, just not Spektrum.."

On the wont turn off or calibrate..... I'm not using Skectrum nor have.. I run Airtronics MT4 and KO Propo servo.
When your radio and car are on IDLE.....the red and yellow light on the ESC must be ON in order to able to TURN OFF.............the reason is, while the car is in motion...even the motor is spinning 5 rpm (usually, the car will not move at all)...but the red light is OFF...the software will DISABLED the switch off function to prevent any unexpected shut down during the race...

If your ESC cannot shut off.....please check and see the RED LIGHT on the ESC is on or not......IF there are no RED light, that means, your NEUTRAL POINT of the ESC is off........check your radio. WHen you calibrate it the 1st time with the radio, the ESC will register the idle/neutral point...but if your radio was set THROTTLE trim like forwarded by 5%...that will throw off the neutral point and the red light will be off....hint the shut off is disabled. Because the ESC is thinking you are in motion....RACING that is.

I have a quick solution...I usually PUSH the brake (throttle forward) and usually the RED light will be turn on.....THEN you can switch off the ESC.

This happened to SP TECH when he like to have the car ROLL (instead of neutral)...so he set his throttle trim to forward by like 25-30% so the car will have the rolling start.........but the down side is, it will not allow you to turn off the ESC because the ESC is thinking you are still racing. My quick fix to him is have him to PUSH forward on the radio's trigger (BRAKING) and made the red light to turn on...THEN you can able to turn off the ESC.

Give that a try...and I hope that is the reason.