R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 08:54 AM
2wdrive
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DontChangeUSVTA
So you are saying that after the LRP-HPI event is over, none of the R/C clubs in Germany are racing the "Classic" class?
Just to be sure I checked many online results from races and only the LRP-HPI Challenge seems to have the classic class. There is not a classic entry during other races as far as I have seen. I might have missed some but not much.

Basicly 1/10 touring car is THE class. Other classes are niche classes that have a small hardcore following. Pro10, F1 and some other classes in the mix are still being driven on some clubs here and there but the major class by far is TC. Events such as german masters pro10 get 40+ drivers and RC lemans series driven in the netherlands, Germany and belgium attracts 25 pro10 drivers per race and growing slightly now (non sponsord races). The f1 class during the last ETS had 33 or so entries so it got some more entries than before as well. For indoors there are 1/12 etc as well ofcourse.

There is no buzz on the forums about the classic as a club class. Maybe there are some that drive the car outside the lrp event but on German forums the classic are only mentioned in relation to the LRP Challenge. It seems to be safe to presume it just isn't there in big numbers. There is nothing on Dutch, Belgian or French forums either. If there was something being driven here and there I am sure it would be on the forums.

Overhere in real motorsports it is touringcar, F1, and some other races in the mix. Touringcar, DTM and the WTCC (deutsche tourenwagen Masters and World Touring Car Championship) is popular as it is being driven here in real life and being shown on tv. Reason 1:10 TC is popular I gues. There is no TA history overhere. (as far I am aware of)

Last edited by 2wdrive; 11-22-2012 at 09:09 AM.