R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 11:22 PM
pickled
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sgp-chris
Hi Guys...

I finally recieved my chassis yesterday, and immedietly started building. I didn't get far though. I have bought the aluminium suspension upgrades both front and rear. The parts that hold the pins which holds the arms in place. It seems like I need som pivot balls that fit into the aluminium upgrade parts.

That was not written anywhere I have seen, so i did not know that I needed them. Have any of you experienced the same issues and if so, which part have you bought? It seems these will fit, but they are out of stock everywhere it seems http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-41502-...5-p-32160.html

Now i need to build the standard chassis, and wait until I can get some pivot balls. Im very disappointed atm

Otherwise, the kit looks decent for what it is, can't wait to get it rolling
Doh yeah you need the pivot ball I bought mine when I bought the mounts these work, Tamiya (#50994) 5mm SUS. Ball and are in stock. Just assemble with the plastic mounts you can replace the mounts later easily without stripping the chassis. if you look up the mounts on the 3racing site it has the installation instructions which is how I knew to get them.

also go to the accessories section on rcMart and grab yourself some 3mx1mm/pk washers and possibly the 0.5mm washers eunique and I both shimmed the suspension pins with 1.5mm of washers on both sides instead of the plastic 1mm. or you could just get 1.5mm washers. it gets rid of the slop in the arms. I also bought tamiya ceramic grease HG (boron nitride compound) and lubed the pivot ball holes really well and the pins and washers so it doesn't bind.

Last edited by pickled; 11-22-2012 at 12:41 AM.