R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Marv
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -Dutch-
Just curious.
HPI make three different sets of vintage tires.
So, how come nobody rants about tires?
Originally Posted by GP40X
Because only one set is legal and everyone knows it
Originally Posted by -Dutch-
I would assume that the same applies to the ESCs, the motor, the batteries, the chassis and the bodies as well.

My point has been made.

Thank you.
Originally Posted by orcadigital
I appreciate the point you are trying to make, but unfortunately it does not hold water. By your logic, we should have 1 option for everything. VTA is not about being a spec class (though it very much is one), it is a class to help revitalize onroad RC. You can dig up any old chassis, use a number of inexpensive electronics, through a realistic old school vintage body on it, and go racing. No jelly bean bodies, mod speed intimidation, or flavor of the month electronics. It is supposed to be about similar speed cars where driver skill and luck rule the day. Not saying it always is, but that is the intention.

The disagreements that happen here are because people care about the class. When people stop complaining (in any form or RC this is true), it is because VTA is dead...and that is much much worse.

I think the point that Dutch was trying to make was that the rules are just that, the rules.