R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:19 AM
RussF
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EvetsFidrat
Well I just had my first race with the TC6.1 Factory team. I really like it! Cant believe what you can get for the price. I finished second, 6 seconds behind the new 6.1 WE. I used the kit setup with 1 extra degree of toe in the rear and 35w shock oil in the rear with losi 56 piston in the rear. Didn't have much time to play around with setup much. We are running the 17.5 boosted class and I has having issues getting the right engine temp with enough boost to be fast mostly on the infield. With Boost and turbo I find the car has no punch until you get to the straight and it has no torque on the infield. I was trying a compromise between physical timing and boost to make it fast but the engine gets very hot, around 200f.
I got it down to 191f running the tekin RS pro with 20 deg physical timing, 37 boost and 10 turbo and a FDR of 6.0 . It's the best setting I have tried so far but there are 2 club members who had faster lap times and more consistent races with blinky setup. It's a rather small track. The track is short. We do a lap in 9.5 seconds average so torque is most important, does anyone have suggestions on what to do about the boost settings, gearing ant timing? I am running the tekin redline engine, maybe a different engine brand has more torque and keeps cooler?
Our carpet track is also small and in the 9-10 second a lap area. We can only run blinky on the ESC but can time the motor to whatever we want. I run an LRP X-12 Stock Spec 17.5 with the stock timing insert (4 dot). We found that with our shorter track that a higher FDR is better overall. We run around 4.3 - 4.6 FDR and have great torque in the infield and I still dont think the motor tops out by the end of the straight on most motors. The temps are usually in the 150-200 range some with fans some without. For my TC6.1 I run 96/44 (64p) for a FDR of 4.36 currently, but think I will try 96/43 for a 4.47 and see how that works.