R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 02:07 AM
ray_munday
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmtr
My problem is in the front,everything feels good till I snap the gear covers ,the the binding starts,not bad but tight,install screws and it becomes tighter,should I try and space it 5&3? I tried this first but there was about 1/16-1/8. " of play,is this ok or will I burn out gears?
Originally Posted by rmtr
Started my build last night and things were just not feeling right!i am used to 2wd trannies that spin very freely. Some guys at local track say a 4wd feels tighter but mine feels to tight. Should you use the set screws in all cvas?i had two that with the screws in they were binding others smoothe.
Directions don't show installing set screws but they come in the bag.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

My diffs feel. Good, I used the 6&3 spacers but main cvas still feel tight where it comes out of gear box..
If there is too much play the gears will burn out quickly. One of my covers was a little tight but I ran the car in on the bench at 30% throttle for ~15 minutes and it freed up. One pack and it was spinning freely.

As mentioned, make sure you have trimmed the flashing off the back of the pinion gear and dont overtighten the gearbox screws (they need to be snug, but not cranked down). Its best to tap the threads in the gearbox with a steel screw as the alloy doesnt tap as well and is hard to feel when it is snug.

No need for the setscrews in the CVAs. A small drop of CA on the clip (make sure its at 90 deg to the pin hole, or the CA can jam the pin) and its all good.

Originally Posted by racer1812
those who had the .1 and now the .2

Notice any push with the car being +8?

I run the .1 with NO ballast weight, gives better rotation, IMO.

Pro's obviously win with it but for the rest of us?

Kody N. rocked it at Spektrum!
Havent noticed a strong push with the 44.2, but have noticed a smoother rotation and it rides better over the bumps / smaller jumps. The darty behaviour of the 44.1 isnt so noticeable which should make it easier to drive for regular drivers. It still has plenty of steering.

Here is the setup I used (transferred the same setup from the 44.1 to the 44.2). I made some changes the standard AE BB setup as our tracks down here in Australia tend to be bumpier and the white springs on the back were way too stiff. Green probably OK for smoother tracks but our straight has some waves in it and the black rear springs helped it to ride much better through these yet didnt bottom over the big jumps.

http://www.keilorrc.org.au/setups/20...unday_Vics.pdf

L8r

Ray