R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM
artwork
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
I will take some pics when I get home. I am running Robinson pinions and the xray off set spurs. There is no way to get to the grub screw from the bottom and no direct way from the top. I could see getting the job done from the top with a ball tip possibly but I don't have one that small.
+1

I am using epic pinions. I know they are very very rare and forged in the mountains of Tibet by monks with specially designed Lhasa Apso's bones as tools, but I figured they might work on this car since they work on every other f*in car on the planet. According to the report from Martin they tried hundreds of motors, thousands of different types of servos, millions of different types of body clips, but I guess pinions did not make the list. Good news is that my current body clips are in fact working perfectly. No clearance issues there!

Seriously, The issue is that the set screw ends up too close to the motor which blocks the access from above and below. It is something I will figure out how to deal with, but this is one item they did not coptimize very well. Maybe a rubber Hudy hex wrench made from nano technology might be in order to solve this mystery of the ages.